Contact e-mail: info
Studaro BVBA is responsible for processing your (personal) data.
At Studaro, we set great importance to the protection of the privacy of all persons from whom we collect data. We handle and secure this information with the greatest possible care, in agreement with the applicable legislation in Belgium. We make every effort to protect the personal data provided to us against loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorised access or improper use.
In this privacy statement we explain who we are, when and why we need your personal data, what data we collect, how and for how long we process it, to whom we can pass it on, what your rights are and how you can exercise them.
This privacy statement is intended for you when:
- You register at Studaro or have registered with, to be guided and mediated by us in your search for work.
- You apply at Studaro for permanent employment with one of our clients or with Studaro itself.
3. Who are we?
Studaro BVBA is an employment and recruiting agency registered at Port Arthurlaan 11, 9000 Ghent. With VAT number 0700.324.954. We are responsible for processing your personal data (Responsible for the processing within the meaning of the GDPR).
3.1 When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data as soon as you enter or leave your data on our website or on one of our IT applications/tools, when you register in our office or when you register in another way (e.g. job fair) or when you register in order to make use of our services.
We may also collect your information if you have made it public on public/social media (e.g. LinkedIn) which might indicate that you would be interested in work-related services. In that case, we will first ask you if you are interested in registering with us in accordance with our terms and conditions and in compliance with this privacy statement. If you are not interested, we may process some limited data about you in order to be able to fulfil your wish not to be contacted by us.
3.2 Why do we need your personal data?
We collect your personal information for the purposes set out below and will not use it for any other purpose without notifying you in advance and, if necessary, requesting your consent.
We use your data for the execution of the HR services for which you have registered with us, more specific:
- Include you in our database of applicants that we search in order to select suitable candidates for the positions for which we are recruiting.
- Being able to determine your profile and assess your suitability as a candidate for the positions for which we are recruiting. We can use the results of tests that we take from you (online personality tests, language tests, assessments,...) and (online) reference checks that we only do with your explicit consent with the persons/companies you specify. We may also ask you to voluntarily provide more information about yourself in order to increase your chances of finding a job.
- Being able to present your profile, including your CV, proactively to clients and clients of Studaro.
- Being able to forward you interesting vacancies and job offers by telephone, e-mail, text message, Whatsapp or other media. You can manage your contact details yourself via your online profile on my Studaro or via your consultant.
- Being able to provide you with information about Studaro’s services and other activities (e.g. job fairs or other events that may be of interest to you) and be able to better adapt these to your wishes and competencies.
- Promote your personal development and employability by offering, among other things, training courses, counselling, workshops, relevant content, etc.
- To maintain a working relationship with you and to carry out the relevant administration for this purpose.
- Contact you for commercial offers, newsletters and promotional/marketing activities of Studaro.
- Comply with legal obligations, such as correct personal identification, application of labour, tax and social security legislation, combating fraud, illegal employment and terrorism, application of national and international sanctions legislation, etc.
- Monitor and measure the quality of our services. To this end, we, or a third party designated by us for this purpose, may ask you to participate in surveys and use and process the information obtained to improve the quality of our services.
- To monitor activities in our systems to prevent misuse of information from our databases and to protect our interests and those of all persons included in our databases.
We use and process your personal data for:
- Your consent: when registering online or in our office, you give us your consent online via your profile on my Studaro or via the appropriate form for processing your personal data.
- Our (pre)contractual relationship: when we conclude an employment contract with you, we need a number of data in order to be able to draw up that contract. As you usually work for one of our clients, we also need your contact details in order to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations and we will exchange information with our clients about your performance.
- The legitimate interest of Studaro or a third party: if necessary, we will use your data to meet the legitimate interests of Studaro or third parties. This can be done, for example, for internal controls and audits to ensure the safety and continuity of our systems and companies. This legitimate interest is also present when we need to keep track of your details in the context of instituting, exercising or substantiating a possible legal claim.
3.3 What personal data do we process about you?
We process the personal data that are necessary for our services. Some of this information (e.g. identity, education, work experience, ...) is required in order to be able to use our services.
Additional information (e.g. references, personal preferences for certain positions, motivation letter, etc.) is not compulsory but may be desirable in order to be able to better tailor our services to your wishes and qualities, or in order to meet more specific questions or obligations from clients or customers of Studaro.
If you choose to provide us with your data, we may use this data and share it with customers and clients in the context of your employment.
You yourself are responsible for the correctness and relevance of the data you provide to us.
I am personally responsible for the accuracy and relevance of the data I provide to Studaro in my online profile. It is also in my interest to inform Studaro in person, or online via info
@studaro.com as soon as possible if my data changes.
This includes the following personal data:
- Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other contact details;
- Date and place of birth, gender;
- Nationality and, if necessary, proof of identity, work permit and residence permit;
- Curriculum vitae (CV), motivation letter, information about education/diploma and work experience, public data (including social media), information that you provide to our consultant or our client or client during (job) interviews with them;
- Photographs (only on a voluntary basis);
- Other information that may be relevant in the context of assessing your suitability as a candidate, such as certificates and references (only with your permission);
- Information about your availabilities and holiday periods;
- Evaluations of your knowledge, skills, attitude, etc;
- Other information necessary for proper administrative handling;
3.4 With whom do we share your personal data?
1. Only if necessary, for the performance of your employment.
- Support activities in the context of your search for work/professional development (workshops, job offers, etc.);
- Internal services (administrative tasks concerning your employment, IT services, etc.);
- Promotions and marketing campaigns (if you have given your permission for this);
2. To customers or potential customers of Studaro, their customers, internal employees or agents, for example:
- Selection of suitable candidates to fill a vacancy;
- Offering your profile and resume;
- Integration of your data in the personnel management systems of clients;
- Exchange of all data related to your performance.
3. To suppliers of Studaro, for example:
- Research bureaus
4. To any other third party where we are required to do so by law, court order or judgment.
Your personal data will not be sold or made commercially available to third parties by Studaro, except with your prior consent.
3.5 How long do we keep your personal data?
We guarantee that we will not retain your data longer than required by the law or the internal regulations applicable within our companies.
The standard retention periods depend on the purposes for which we process your data and whether or not you are employed by Studaro.
We apply the following retention periods to the data that you provide us with via your online profile in my Studaro on our website www.studaro.com or www.studaro.be or via registration with a consultant in our office.
All personal data we need to support you in your search for work (CVs, training, test results, work expectations, etc.) will remain actively available in our database as long as your file is updated.
The latter happens every time you or Studaro takes action on your file (e.g. adding a recent work experience, adding an updated CV, contacting us for a vacancy or job offer.
We will only passively keep your data for a period of 3 years after registration because of certain limitation periods, unless you decide at that moment to update your file again.
3.6 Security measures?
Studaro does everything in its power to protect your personal data optimally against unlawful use. We do this by means of physical, administrative and technological measures.
For example: only authorised persons have access to our offices and our systems, and access is limited to the systems they need for professional reasons. These individuals need to know and apply our internal privacy and data protection policies correctly. To the extent that information is provided to third parties, Studaro agrees with these third parties that they will also provide optimum security for personal data.
3.7 What are your rights?
You have a number of rights that you can exercise at any time.
You can exercise the following rights:
1. Right to refuse or revoke your consent
We will not process your data if you do not give us permission to use your personal data to guide you to work, but then you will not be able to use Studaro’s services.
Once you have given your permission to start our search for work, you can also revoke that permission. This will result in your file being removed from our database in accordance with the right to erase data (see below).
Your permission to use your personal data for Studaro promotions and marketing campaigns must be via one our internal consultants or via info
2. Right of objection
You can object the use of your personal data via info
@studaro.com or your internal consultant.
3. Right of access
You can ask for a definite answer about whether or not your personal data will be processed.
If this is the case, you can request the following information: processing purposes, the categories of personal data we hold about you. In providing this information, we must always take into account the rights and freedoms of other persons.
If you have an online profile on my Studaro, you will automatically already have access to a large part of the personal data registered about you.
4. Right to rectification (correction and addition)
You can ask for all (personal) data that are incorrect or incomplete to be rectified. When exercising this right, you will have to our internal consultants via info
If you have an online profile on my Studaro, you can, without any intervention by Studaro, modify or supplement a large part of your personal data yourself.
Incorrect objective personal data (e.g. incorrect spelling of your name, incorrect address, etc.) will always be corrected as requested.
5. Right to transferability
You have the right to have the personal data that you have provided to Studaro transferred electronically by Studaro to yourself (via the e-mail address that you provide in your application form) or to another data controller designated by you.
6. Right to data erasure
In case you want to us to erase your personal data from our database you need to contact our internal consultants via info
@studaro.com, we will thenl proceed to remove your file.
7. Right to limit the processing of your data
You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data when:
- You dispute the accuracy of your personal data;
- You have objected to processing your personal data;
You can exercise your rights free of charge. You can do this by contacting our internal consultants on info
If you submit your application using the form on our website, you must always enclose a copy of your identity card so that we can be certain of the applicant's identity. Without this copy, your application will not be processed.
Within one month of receiving your inquiry, we will inform you in writing about the action we have taken.
In some cases (e.g. legal obligations, rights of other persons, limitation periods, ...) you will not be able to fully exercise your rights. You will then be informed of the reasons why we are unable to comply with your request or are unable to do so in full.
5. Questions, remarks, complaints and data leaks
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data by Studaro or about this privacy statement, you can contact our internal consultants via info
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA) at the following address: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels.
If you know of a data breach, or if you have a suspicion of a data breach, we will ask you to inform us immediately.